Get your original paper written from scratch starting at just $10 per page with a plagiarism report and free revisions included!
SOCIAL DETERMINANTS OF HEALTH
Introduction: Use Walden White paper or the CDC
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2022), “Social determinants of health (SDOH) are the nonmedical factors that influence health outcomes. They are the conditions in which people are born, grow, work, live, and age, and the wider set of forces and systems shaping the conditions of daily life… SDOH are one of three priority areas for Healthy People 2030, along with health equity and health literacy. Healthy People 2030 sets data-driven national objectives in five key areas of SDOH: healthcare access and quality, education access and quality, social and community context, economic stability, and neighborhood and built environment. Some examples of SDOH included in Healthy People 2030 are safe housing, transportation, and neighborhoods; polluted air and water; and access to nutritious foods and physical health opportunities”.
· Reflect on the concept of social determinants of health as presented in the resources.
· Contemplate whether digital inclusion or broadband access should be added to the 5 key areas of social determinants of health.
· Using the optional outside resources or other peer reviewed journal articles, consider how electronic health records, mobile health, patient portals, or telemedicine can impact and be impacted by the social determinants of health.
Post a description of your views on whether or not digital inclusion or broadband access should be added as a key area to the social determinants of health. Be specific and provide examples that support your position. Explain how electronic health records, mobile health, patient portals, or telemedicine can impact and be impacted by the social determinants of health. Support your explanation with the required or optional resources.
· McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2022).
Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (5th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
· Chapter 14, “The Electronic Health Record and Clinical Informatics” (pp. 293–316)
· Chapter 15, “Informatics Tools to Promote Patient Safety, Quality Outcomes, and Interdisciplinary Collaboration” (pp. 323–349)
· Chapter 16, “Patient Engagement and Connected Health” (pp. 357–378)
· Chapter 17, “Using Informatics to Promote Community/Population Health” (pp. 383–397)
· Chapter 18, “Telenursing and Remote Access Telehealth” (pp. 403–432)
· Benda, N. C., Veinot, T. C., Sieck, C. J., & Ancker, J. S. (2020).
Broadband internet access is a social determinant of health!Links to an external site..
American Journal of Public Health,
110(8), 1123-1125. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2020.305784
· Dykes, P. C., Rozenblum, R., Dalal, A., Massaro, A., Chang, F., Clements, M., Collins, S. …Bates, D. W. (2017).
Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study
Download Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study.
Critical Care Medicine, 45(8), e806–e813. doi:10.1097/CCM.0000000000002449
· HealthIT.gov. (2018c).
What is an electronic health record (EHR)?Links to an external site.
· Rao-Gupta, S., Kruger, D. Leak, L. D., Tieman, L. A., & Manworren, R. C. B. (2018).
Leveraging interactive patient care technology to Improve pain management engagementLinks to an external site..
Pain Management Nursing, 19(3), 212–221.
· Sieck, C. J., Sheon, A., Ancker, J. S., Castek, J., Callahan, B., & Siefer, A. (2021).
Digital inclusion as a social determinant of healthLinks to an external site..
NPJ Digital Medicine,
4(1), 52. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41746-021-00413-8
· Skiba, D. (2017).
Evaluation tools to appraise social media and mobile applicationsLinks to an external site..
Informatics, 4(3), 32–40.
· Sharma, P., & Patten, C. A. (2022).
A need for digitally inclusive health care service in the United States: Recommendations for clinicians and health care systemsLinks to an external site..
The aim of our service is to provide you with top-class essay help when you ask us to write my paper; we do not collect or share any of your personal data. We use the email you provide us to send you drafts, final papers, and the occasional promotion and discount code, but that’s it!Order Now