Get your original paper written from scratch starting at just $10 per page with a plagiarism report and free revisions included!
Surgery for Herniated Disc
J.A., a 68-year-old female with a herniated lumbar disc at L4, is scheduled to have an L4 lumbar laminectomy using a posterior approach. She has a history of low back pain, osteoarthritis in the left hip, and hypertension. She is taking the following medications:
1. After reviewing J.A.’s chart with the above data, what information should the perioperative/circulating nurse make the operating room staff, surgeon, and anesthesia care provider aware of?
2. What position should J.A. be positioned in on the operating room table and what should be considered when positioning her for the surgical procedure?
3. Just prior to bringing J.A.to the operating room, the surgeon comes to talk to her and marks the surgical site. You then put a hair-cover over J.A.’s hair, similar to that worn by the rest of the operating room staff and hang the ordered preoperative IV antibiotic. What is the purpose of the surgeon marking the operative site, the hair cover, and the administration of the antibiotic on the way to the operating room?
4. What is involved in a surgical time-out?
5. What is the circulating nurse’s role in the operating room?
6. Describe a plan for J.A.’s anesthesia during surgery.
The aim of our service is to provide you with top-class essay help when you ask us to write my paper; we do not collect or share any of your personal data. We use the email you provide us to send you drafts, final papers, and the occasional promotion and discount code, but that’s it!Order Now