- Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4, related to your clinical topic of interest and PICOT.
- Article #1Zhou, X., Guo, J., Lu, G., Chen, C., Xie, Z., Liu, J., & Zhang, C. (2020). Effects of mindfulness-based stress reduction on anxiety symptoms in young people: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Psychiatry Research, 289, 113002. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2020.113002
Article #2 Porter, B., Oyanadel, C., Sáez-Delgado, F., Andaur, A., & Peñate, W. (2022). Systematic Review of Mindfulness-Based Interventions in Child-Adolescent Population: A Developmental Perspective. European Journal of Investigation in Health, Psychology and Education, 12(8), 1220–1243. https://doi.org/10.3390/ejihpe12080085
Article #3 Cohen, Z. P., Cosgrove, K. T., Akeman, E., Coffey, S., Teague, K., Hays-Grudo, J., Paulus, M. P., Aupperle, R. L., & Kirlic, N. (2021). The effect of a mindfulness-based stress intervention on neurobiological and symptom measures in adolescents with early life stress: a randomized feasibility study. BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies, 21(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-021-03295-1
Article #4 Peter, A., Srivastava, R., Agarwal, A., & Singh, A. P. (2022). The Effect of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy on Anxiety and Resilience of the School Going Early Adolescents with Anxiety. Journal of Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 18(2), 176–185. https://doi.org/10.1177/09731342221127959
PICOT question- The clinical issue of interest is the management of anxiety symptoms in adolescents aged 13-18 years. Adolescents often prevalent anxiety concern due to unique stressors and challenges. Addressing anxiety symptoms during this developmental stage can essential to promote healthy psychological development and improve short- and long-term quality of life.
- Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change, using your topic of interest and PICOT as the basis for your reflection.
- Consider the best method of disseminating the results of your presentation to an audience.
Part 4: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
- Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as your company name.)
- Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change implementation in general.
- Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Explain how you would disseminate the results of your project to an audience. Provide a rationale for why you selected this dissemination strategy.
- Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation of this evidence-based change.
- Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer reviewed articles you selected to support your thinking.
- Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
- A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you previously submitted
- An explanation about what you learned from completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template (1-3 slides)