Get your original paper written from scratch starting at just $10 per page with a plagiarism report and free revisions included!
Unit 5 – Individual Project (250 points)
Due: Sun, Aug 27 |Printer Friendly Version
Key Assignment Structure
The overall IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual will consist of the following deliverables:
Week 1: Project Outline
Week 1: Governance Framework
Week 2: Business and IT Goals and Mission Statement
Week 3: IT Support Policies
Week 4: Disaster Recover and Business Continuity Policies
Week 5: Training Plan and Continuous Improvement Plan
The following is the project outline for the complete deliverable:
· IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual
· Use Word
· Title Page
· Course number and name
· Project name
· Student name
· Table of Contents
· Use autogenerated TOC
· Separate page
· Maximum of 3 levels deep
· Update fields of TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project
· Section Headings
· Project Outline
· Governance Framework
· Business and IT Goals
· IT Mission Statement
· IT Support Policies
· Disaster Recover and Business Continuity Policies
· Training Plan
· Continuous Improvement Plan
Case Study: Problem 5
At the next monthly board meeting, Judy Harmon presented the updated and comprehensive disaster recovery and continuity plan. The board was pleased. John Black (CEO) then addressed the board:
“Judy and Ron have confirmed that our IT governance evaluation has been ongoing for 6 months. I agree with the rest of the board in applauding the positive progress that has been made and the work of the ITG consultant. My concern now, however, is that all we have to date are documents, papers, and plans. How do we move from a “nice ITG plan” to an implemented ITG system that is working well day in and day out? I would like to see some clear actionable items on how we are putting the ITG plan into action and how it will be updated on a continuous and ongoing basis.”
Part 1: Final Deliverable for Key Assignment
Week 5: Training and Continuous Improvement Plan
In the last few weeks, you have prepared the foundation for your IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual by writing the Project Outline, Governance Framework, Business and IT Goals, IT Mission Statement, IT Support Policies, and the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Policies sections. The final step in developing the IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual is to prepare the Training Plan and Continuous Improvement Plan for the organization. In addition, you will also further refine the document to produce the final draft version of the project. Updates may be based on peer and instructor feedback.
The project deliverables are as follows:
· Update the IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual title page with a new date and project name.
· Update the previously completed sections based on your instructor’s feedback.
· Identify the major categories of IT training that are necessary for the organization.
· Describe the goals for each of the training categories.
· Include a summary of how each of the major training categories will be implemented.
Continuous Improvement Plan
· Describe the purpose of the Continuous Improvement Plan.
· Describe the primary steps required to implement the improvement plan.
· Discuss the required involvement of management in the improvement plan.
· Summarize the metrics that will be used to measure improvement and how the metrics will be collected.
IT Governance Policies and Procedures Manual Final Draft
· Review the entire document for any changes and improvements you would like to make.
· Ensure this final version of the document is sufficiently detailed to meet the requirements of the assignment.
· Any previous instructor feedback should be addressed with appropriate changes.
· Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.
· Name the document “yourname_IT644_IP5.doc.”
Please submit your assignment.
Please refer to the worked example that follows for an example of this assignment based on the Problem-Based Learning Scenario. The worked example is not intended to be a complete example of the assignment, but it will illustrate the basic concepts that are required for completion of the assignment, and it can be used as a general guideline for your own project. Your assignment submission should be more detailed and specific and should reflect your own approach to the assignment rather than just following the same outline provided in the worked example.
this worked example
to help with this assignment.
Part 2: Argumentation
Envision that you now have to present your solution to your client. You need to make a formal presentation to a group of stakeholders, and you need to be prepared to answer their questions. As a final step in the project, you will create a PowerPoint presentation of 8 slides (excluding Title and Reference slides) in which you provide the following:
· In the Notes pages of each slide and based on the context of the information on that slide, provide a narrative of 4 paragraphs of your rationale for the IT infrastructure implementation and improvements that you are recommending.
· On each slide, identify the evidence that you have to support the arguments.
· All sources that are used to support your argument and solution should be cited both in-text (on the slide or in the Notes section) and on a References slide in APA format.
· Name the presentation “yourname_IT644_IP5.ppt.”
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your textbook, all course resources, and any external research and resources you have gathered.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
The aim of our service is to provide you with top-class essay help when you ask us to write my paper; we do not collect or share any of your personal data. We use the email you provide us to send you drafts, final papers, and the occasional promotion and discount code, but that’s it!Order Now