Get your original paper written from scratch starting at just $10 per page with a plagiarism report and free revisions included!
Week 8 6215C Methods of Practice: School-Based Interventions
Beginning at age 4 or 5, children spend most of their waking hours at school. Most states include social workers in the school setting and even require specialized training for school social workers.
This week, you examine school-based interventions. You also discover that working in a school, even if only as a contract social worker, will require skill in dealing effectively with multiple professions and perspectives.
• Webb, N. B. (2019). Social work practice with children (4th ed.). New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
o Chapter 9, “School-Based Interventions”
• D’Agostino, C. (2013). Collaboration as an essential school social work skill. Children & Schools, 35(4), 248–251. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
• Quinn-Lee, L. (2014). School social work with grieving children. Children & Schools, 36(2), 93–103. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
• Working With Children and Families: The Case of the Rodao Family (PDF)
This week we focus on the school system as a social work practice setting. Your discussion this week will require you to identify and describe the challenges of school social work. Your assignment this week requires you to analyze a case and to identify specific roles demonstrated by the school social-based worker. Since school-based social workers tend to intervene with issues that impact a student’s education, you are required to think about how you can leverage community partnerships to assist in providing support to families and children outside of school.
Working in a Host Setting
• Describe the special challenges related to working in a “host” setting such as a school in a school-home-community partnership.
• How can a social worker maintain a strong sense of professional identity when working with professionals from so many different professions?
The aim of our service is to provide you with top-class essay help when you ask us to write my paper; we do not collect or share any of your personal data. We use the email you provide us to send you drafts, final papers, and the occasional promotion and discount code, but that’s it!Order Now