· Native American creation stories from Indians.org:
Creation, Migration and Origin StoriesLinks to an external site.
· Creation myths from world religions throughout history at the Big Myth website:
The Teacher’s GuideLinks to an external site.
· A set of diverse creation stories specifically curated to focus on environmental spirituality in Roger Gottlieb’s anthology
This Sacred Earth: Religion, Nature, EnvironmentLinks to an external site.
(pp. 47 through 83).
Choose any two myths and develop a comparison. First, explain which worldview each story seems to embody most closely. For example, ask yourself, “Which religious tradition fits best with the myth?” and “Which philosophical view of nature fits best with the myth?” Be sure to explain how you determined which worldview fits with the story, giving evidence from the texts to support your interpretation. Then compare and contrast similarities and differences in how the two myths imagine the relationship between humans and nature. For additional assistance, refer to the Writing Center resource,
Compare and Contrast AssignmentsLinks to an external site.
. As always, remember that there is more than one good answer to these questions, so you’re not being graded on guessing the “right” answer. Rather you are being graded on the reasons and evidence you give to support your interpretation.
In your paper,
· Identify two myths that you will use to make a comparison.
· Identify the philosophical view of nature that each myth embodies (e.g., dualism, materialism, or idealism).
· Identify the religious perspective on the supernatural that aligns with each myth (e.g., monotheism, naturalism, or pantheism).
· Compare how the two myths imagine the relationship between humans and nature.
The Week 2 Writing Assignment
· Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length.
· Must utilize academic voice. See the
Academic VoiceLinks to an external site.
resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing
Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site.
as well as
Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site.
, refer to the Writing Center resources.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s
APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site.
Submit your completed Week 2 Writing Assignment to Waypoint.
Carefully review the
Grading RubricLinks to an external site.
for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
The aim of our service is to provide you with top-class essay help when you ask us to write my paper; we do not collect or share any of your personal data. We use the email you provide us to send you drafts, final papers, and the occasional promotion and discount code, but that’s it!Order Now