CLA 2 Comprehensive Learning Assessment 2 – CLO 2, CLO 5, CLO 8
Please read the following scenario and answer the questions below by providing the analysis based on the relevant theories and applicable examples.
If your business earns superior profits, existing and potential competitors will do their best to get a piece of the success. It is essential for firms to examine a variety of business strategies to enhance the prospects of sustainable profitability. Out of all factors that impact an industry’s sustainable profitability, this CLA 2 assessment focuses on the most damaging threat to sustainable profit, the entry of competitors into the market.
Entry into the market heightens competition and reduces the margins of existing firms in a wide variety of industry settings. For this reason, the ability of existing firms to sustain profits depends on how barriers to entry affect the ease with which other firms can enter the industry including the formation of new companies (Wendy’s entered the fast-food industry in the 1970s); globalization strategies by foreign companies (Toyota entered the U.S. automobile market the middle of the last century) , and the introduction of new product lines by existing firms (computer manufacturer Apple now also sells the popular iPhone).
Your CLA 2 is a paper of minimum eight pages, APA formatted, including one Industry Report and one Company Report that you recommend to the CEO of a company on how to create a moat and prevent the threat of entry to the market.
1. Industry Report
Please select an industry and write a rigorous industry report for your selected industry that incorporate the followings:
– The market structure of the industry by determining the concentration ratio in the industry and how market structure affects the entry into the market
– The nature of industry and the network effects
– The production structure of the industry, initial capital requirements, sunk costs, and economies of scale
– The prospect of industry in the future in regard to technological innovations
2. Company Report
Now assume you are managing a company in this industry and are asked to write a Company Report about the long term strategic decision making of the company. The purpose of this report is to recommend a few policies to the CEO that assures a sustainable competitive advantage and long term profitability for the company.
Please include the following variables in your Company Report:
– Sustainable market share and how it can be achieved
– Branding, reputation, and a considerable base of loyal consumers
– The managerial efficiency in strategic decision making regarding:
– The integration and merger activity, vertical and horizontal integration
– Preventing entry of rivals by pricing and cost policies such as limit pricing, predatory pricing, and raising rivals’ fixed or marginal costs
Requirement for CLA 2 Paper:
1. Choose the company from the following: Amazon, Disney, Tesla, Netflix
2. Explain your work in detail and provide an in-text citation.
3. Paper needs to be formatted in APA 7th edition
4. Include the initial situation and the initial assumptions in your answers
5. At least 6 peer-reviewed references are required (Recommend to find the articles from proquest.)
6. Minimum 8 pages.
7. Need to include introduction and conclusion.
8. Including one Industry Report and one Company Report that you recommend to the CEO of the company on how to create a moat and prevent the threat of entry to the market.
9. Please find the class PPTs and Textbook in the attachment.
10. Please find the previous assignment: Activity 1, Activity 2, PA 1, PA 2, and CLA 1 in the attachment
11. Need to include the textbook as the reference.
12. Please find the Course Learning Outcomes list of this course in the attachment.
Baye, M. R., & Prince, J. T. (2017). Managerial economics and business strategy (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education
CLA 2 Comprehensive Learning Assessment (CLA 2) Presentation
In addition to your CLA 2 report, please prepare a professional PowerPoint presentation summarizing your findings for CLA 2. The presentation will consist of your major findings, analysis, and recommendations in a concise presentation of 15 slides (minimum). You should use content from your CLA 2 report as material for your PowerPoint presentation. In addition, you should include learning outcomes from all your major assignments. This would include PA 1, CLA 1, PA 2, and of course, CLA 2 (unless otherwise specified by your Professor). An agenda, executive summary, and references slides should also be included. Please keep in mind that the university is moving towards a more digital footprint for our students. This means that your final CLA 2 presentation may be recorded, so that you may include it in your “e-portfolio” (graduating students should have all of their CLA 2 presentations on a flash-drive, in addition to student biography, resume, interests, and so forth) Students will present their PowerPoint during the last week of class in either the On-Campus Class Session or the online Virtual Class Session, as determined by the professor. Presentations should not exceed 15 minutes.
Requirement for PPT
1. Create 15 slides PPT based on the material you write on the CLA2 paper.
2. Please add the scripts of the presentation in the speaker note section of PPT.
3.Time Length: Within 15 minutes
4. Need to include in-text citations and reference page.
5. Include reports and tables with the explanation.
6. Do not put too many words on the slides. The slides should look simple and clear with main points.
7. Need to include the summary of the previous paper assignment which are: PA 1, PA 2, CLA 1 (Please find them in the attachment)
The aim of our service is to provide you with top-class essay help when you ask us to write my paper; we do not collect or share any of your personal data. We use the email you provide us to send you drafts, final papers, and the occasional promotion and discount code, but that’s it!Order Now