This assignment is designed to help teach you how to adapt your message (verbally and visually) to a specific audience. You will have the opportunity to develop a speech outline for a speech tailor-made for a specific audience.
A written manuscript of heavy outline of a speech geared to a specific audience.
Perform the following tasks:
Step 1: Read through the Assigned Readings.
In addition, to the assigned reading, access these additional resources to learn more about audience adaptation.
Step 2: Understand the Scenario
The DOE of your campus is hosting a series of two informational Open House events to promote STC to prospective students. She has asked you to attend one of the events and deliver a five minute presentation giving 3 or 4 reasons why those in attendances should enroll at STC.
She has invited many different types of prospective students and asks you to choose to attend one of the Open House events and tailor your presentation to that specific audience.
Presentation 1: At this event, you will be giving a speech to an audience full of students who have just graduated high school. They are young, eager, and inexperienced. They have had little experience in the work world and are all considering STC as their first college experience.
At this event, you will be giving a speech to an audience full of students who are more mature. On the whole they are older and have spent at least 10 years in the workforce. Many are changing careers or re-entering the workforce. Some have experienced hard times, some are military veterans, and some have struggled in school – all are looking for a school program that can help them land a fulfilling and stable career.
Step 3: Build your Presentation
1. Choose which one (1) of the two Open House events you would feel comfortable attending and delivering a presentation.
2. Now, think about the audience attending your chosen event. Who are they – age, socio-economic status, life experiences? What do they know, think, believe? What do you think they have in common? Develop a portrait of who would be in attendance.
3. Develop a message that you think would persuade one of those students to attend STC.
Choose elements that you feel would speak to the specific audience attending your presentation.
· Your speech should contain at least three (3) main points that persuade the students in your audience should enroll at STC.
· Each main point should include a list of examples, stories, testimonials, etc, that you think would support your reasons and appeal to that specific audience.
Step 4: Create Your Speech Outline/Manuscript.
· Give your speech a title
· Write out the main message of your speech
· Outline each main point. Include the main idea of each point, the examples you would use to enhance your ideas.
Proof read your work for usage, spelling, and grammatical structure.
The aim of our service is to provide you with top-class essay help when you ask us to write my paper; we do not collect or share any of your personal data. We use the email you provide us to send you drafts, final papers, and the occasional promotion and discount code, but that’s it!Order Now